maandag 10 november 2014

Polymer clay stamped cuff.


I just added my latest post for the Craftliners blog.
This time it's a little tutorial to make this stamped cuff.


First I made a template.
On the thickest setting I prepared a sheet of white clay.


I colored the sheet with 3 colors alcohol ink and let it dry for a few minutes.
Then I stamped the sheet with different leave stamps.
The black ink is Versafine.


I let it dry for about an hour and then I covered the stamped sheet with a
layer of very very thin translucent clay.


I place the sheet on a jar that fits my wrist perfectly and placed the template.
I cut around the template with an exacto knife and place it in the oven.


After baking I sanded and buffed the cuff but I wasn't happy with the results.
So I varnished the piece 3 times with a heat setting varnish.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten